Visualize your ideas and make team collaboration more effective. Learn basic drawing techniques to build a visual vocabulary that can be used to generate ideas and solve problems with your teams. Whether you wish to enhance graphic facilitation skills, make collaborative design thinking a key enabler within your team, or simply gain the confidence you need to draw live in front of an audience, this workshop is for you.
This workshop will include the following building blocks to successful visualization:
- Practicing basic shapes before progressing to idea-focused drawings
- Getting to grips with drawing people, hands and faces
- Active listening exercises
- Collaborative design/sketching
- Handwriting techniques
- Storyboarding Interactive design
- Layout, flow and structure patterns
- The use of Graphic templates
- Problems solving/idea mapping tools and techniques
At the end of this workshop delegates will gain:
- The ability to support a working group to express ideas and solve problems effectively by applying a visual language
- The ability to build a reusable bank of images and make use of graphic templates that will help you to facilitate collaborative learning and cultivate innovation
- The ability To discover visual thinking tools and techniques that will assist with business alignment and customer engagement.
Stuart is a professional Business Visualizer with extensive traditional/ Agile Project management experience and a deep-rooted appreciation for Design Thinking and Agile Principles/ Methodologies.
Over time he has become accustomed to Agile and Design Thinking ways of working, becoming a Certified Scrum Master, DSDM Agile Analyst, Lean, Kanban Practitioner and SPC4 consultant.
With international notoriety within the Agile Community and beyond he has provided business visualization at multiple Global events. By creating a visual information radiator he translates concepts and processes into engaging visuals with the intention of simplifying complexity and accelerating learning.
He contributes to team and organizational visioning and planning events by offering captivating visuals that crystallise ideas, cultivate learning and drive innovation. Key insights can then be transformed into illustrated storyboards to enable organizations to visualize the work, explore business/ product possibilities and align people with the business direction.
He facilitates a suite of Design and Innovation courses/ labs that catalyse customer centric creativity and innovation, harbouring Design Thinking/ Service Design practices and supporting individuals in gaining the confidence to visualize and innovate effectively. The newly gained skills assist teams to solve problems and map ideas with the use of Design Thinking tools and visualization techniques.